Alliance Credit Union prides itself on its many ties to the Gainesville community. Below are some of the sponsorships and partnerships Alliance Credit Union has with local programs.
- Chamber of Commerce – Member since 1988.
- Gainesville.com – Alliance Credit Union was a “Gold Sponsor” of Gainesville.com… your link to everything Gainesville in 2004-2005. From community news to world news, it’s quick, easy and complete.
- March of Dimes – Fellow employees cheered the walkers on from Spirit Station #1, on the corner of NW 16th Ave and 43rd St, which was sponsored by Alliance Credit Union and tied for 1st place in the Spirit Station Challenge.
- No Child Left Behind – Alliance Credit Union was a community sponsor in the No Child Left Behind Summer Reading Achievers Program. Our “Coins 4 Kids” spare change drive allowed us to donate $250 to the Alachua County Public Schools. Additionally, during our book drive, our members generously helped us collect boxes of books for children to read.
The No Child Left Behind Summer Reading Achiever’s Program is designed to encourage school children in grades K-8 to read actively during the summer months to help mitigate the loss in reading skills that research shows occurs during the vacation.
- 21st Annual Arts Festival at Thornebrook– Alliance Credit Union showed its support for the Arts through a Purchase Award at the 21st Annual Art Festival at Thornebrook, October 1st- 2nd, 2005. The Credit Union purchased a unique flowered print by Lyn Novak Hise. It currently hangs at our Millhopper office location.
- 20th Annual Arts Festival at Thornebrook – Alliance Credit Union showed its support for the Arts through a Purchase Award at the 20th Annual Art Festival at Thornebrook, October 16th-17th, 2004. The Credit Union acquired a beautiful wildlife print by G. Wayne McCartney. It currently hangs at our Millhopper office location.
- Great American Bake Sale – Alliance Credit Union employees put their skills to the test by baking goodies for the Great American Bake Sale, a charity event sponsored by Thornebrook Merchants Association, to help take a bite out of hunger. Proceeds from the bake sale were donated to Share Our Strength, a national organization.
- 16th Annual Florida Invitational Step Show – Alliance Credit Union was an Onyx Explosion Sponsor of the 2005 Invitational Step Show on February 12, 2005. The Step Show is the pinnacle of Black History Month celebration festivities sponsored by the University of Florida’s Black Student Union.
- Alachua County Teacher’s Recognition Program – Alliance Credit Union was a “Dean’s List” program sponsor for the Alachua County Teacher’s Recognition Program. On February 10, 2005, more than forty teachers were honored for their dedication and commitment to the children of our County.
- Ebony Appreciation Awards – Alliance Credit Union was once ag ain a supporter of the 2006 Ebony Appreciation Awards. On February 26, 2006, accolades were given to African-American citizens who have demonstrated a pioneering spirit in their profession, those who have volunteered countless hours toward improving the quality of life for all citizens in Alachua County, and centenarians (those who have passed the golden age of 100). Alliance Credit Union would like to acknowledge two of their own staff members who were awarded, Lisa Washington and Deborah Thomas.
- 2006 Get Out The Vote Campaign – Alliance Credit Union has joined forces again with Alachua County Supervisor of Elections to help implement the importance of voting. We participated in the 2006 kick-off press conference on February 21, 2006 and will be active with all remaining year long activities.